Saturday, May 30, 2009

Lt. Dan Choi Speaks at Meet in The Middle

"Love is worth it," says the man who was recently on Rachel Maddow to fight Don't Ask, Don't Tell.

"You are free before the noon day sun, and before the moon and the stars.  But you are a slave to the oen you love because you love him, and because he loves you back" - an Arabic poem, quoted in oart (my fingers aren't that fast).

The whole crowd chants Love is Worth It!

He says - what if I did what was expected, and married a woman, and died in Iraq?  If they gave my flag to my wife in a ceremony that was fake?

"Gay soldiers are slapped in the face and told "Don't Ask, Don't Tell.  Well, I'm telling!"

"We're done asking.  We're telling.  Would you tell with me?"

Huge roars form the crowd.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home